We're seeing these days massive progress in science - boosted by technological progress - from neuroscience to the search for the ultimate particle (Higgs Boson). So, I was wondering from a sort of philosophical point of view if just breaking down particles again and again into smaller bits can really help us make sense of the world.

Einstein once said "it would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense. It would be a description without meaning—as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure."

But with the new scientific areas... what do you think? Can neuroscience explain consciousness? Can the Higgs Boson explain our place in the universe? I found this video on the limits of science, but the panel seems diverse but it seems the agenda tends to be a bit anti-sciency and I haven't been able to find a similar debate with the other point of view.

I just feel sometimes there is an undeniable sense of beauty in the mysteries of the world, the beauty of science is to keep digging and maybe we shouldn't always find answers :)