Consider the tracts often distributed by religious groups. They have been extrodinarily successfull in their aims. Then, if that is the case, could it not be possibe to disseminate simple pieces of  scientific education, as it were , in this format?.     In effect, what I am proposing are extremely digested works of popular science, around 30 or so pages .Each chapbook should be dedicated to a single subect, or question. and be written for a more mature audience, of persons who have had at least a modicum of scientific education. ( There are great quantities of books like this for children already)

Obviously, the nature of these books and their audience restricts the range of subjects that may be covered. For example, it would be unreasonable for such a book to explain the niceties of particle phsyics within 32 pages. Rather, it would be more reasonable for simpler subjects to be covered, preferably in the form of questions.

Granted, that there are a great quantity of books that already fufill these aims. However, the system that I propose has several advantages:

1- the compact nature , and hence, reduced price of these books may allow them to be more easily distributed

2- their short length would be less intimidating to readers, and more easily digested.

3 - The books serve as a bridge between the overly simplistic works of children's science, and book-length works of popular science, which are inaccessable , due to reasons above.

4- that these books are accessable for those who do not have access to the internet.

There are obviously many obstacles to the publishing of such books, but I belive that they may be of great use to society. Opinion?