Mar 7, 2013

The new RDFRS Spanish language site is being announced tonight by the volunteers who set it up and have put together a team to maintain it.  Their team consists of Spanish speaking volunteers from around the world.

The new website will be announced tonight on the Masa Critica podcast

The podcast starts at 9pm (UTC-6) and the website will be announced around 10pm.

Mensaje de bienvenida de Richard Dawkins por su sitio en español

continue to source article at

30 comments on “Announcing the RDFRS Spanish Language Site – Fundación para la Razón y la Ciencia

• 1
    DuduKike says:

Excellent! I’ve been waiting the Spanish site now I will be able to share content with larger crowds. People who really need it. I’m also a Spanish speaking person who would love to volunteer. How can I sign up?

• 2
    E1skeptic says:

DuduKike: listen to Masa Crítica’s podcast. We’ll be launching the website, facebook page and Twitter account simultaneously. You can sign up to the Spanish website right away.

¡Saludos!

• 4
    Elisabeth Cornwell says:

Congratulations to everyone who has been involved in this effort, and for Richard’s vision and support. Key to this effort have been Eduardo Hidalgo Gómez and Gerardo Romero Quijada, who have been working diligently to make this all happen. The Colorado team as well, Mike, Niels, Nick, and Kim have been a critical part of this project. Also a very special thanks to Lou and Laurie Appignani who have provided financial support. Thank you to all for making this happen!

• 7
    prayforme says:

¡Felicidades a todos!

Soy Ingles pero vivo en Valencia entonces este website me ayudará aprender Castellano.

No haré demasiado comentos porque mi Español no es estupendo pero disfrutarás de leerlo.

• 9
    odalrich says:

Congratulations Professor, you have a very good Spanish pronunciation.

Felicidades Profesor, usted tiene una muy buena pronunciación en español.

• 10
    uhuhleuh says:

Awesome, breaking language barriers is always great!

How do I get to know which other languages are available? I searched but couldn’t find a list anywhere…

• 12
    maria melo says:

I never dreamed of listening to Prof. Richard Dawkins´s beautiful, and clear, voice and diction speaking in other language rather than English. How delighted I must have been listening to it, and he did it pretty well (did Prof Richard Dawkins ever have Latin lessons I wonder, he seemed to pronounce an “open” sound at the end of words, like Latin).

I am going to listen to it again.

(It seems funny that I had a German-austrian English Professor, an explosive mixture as other students used to refer to her, and an Italian-belgium colleague, and when she invited him to read in English she asked us, “you know language is like music, which language is he speaking ?”,and we just answered “French”).

• 14
    Eduardo Sibils says:

On behalf of so many Uruguayans I thank you and congratulate you, Professor! We proudly hold the highest percentage of atheists in all three Americas and now with your site in Spanish there’ll be even more of us!

• 15
    jorge1959bertran7gomez4 says:

Felicitaciones por el esfuerzo, constancia y dedicación! I’m pretty good in English and would like to volunteer. I live in Colombia. How can I get involved?

• 16
    E1skeptic says:

In reply to #15 by jorge1959bertran7gomez4:

Por ahora no se necesitan más voluntarios, pero con el tiempo se abrirán más oportunidades, gracias. Por lo pronto, puedes registrarte en el sitio: http://es.www.richarddawkins.net

• 17
    jorge1959bertran7gomez4 says:

Muchas gracias.

In reply to #16 by E1skeptic:

In reply to #15 by jorge1959bertran7gomez4:

• 19
    Egonzalez says:

This is wonderful news for the Spanish-speaking world! If only we can increase the Foundation’s most-needed presence in our countries, maybe we’ll see a positive turn towards scientific education and thought and away from superstition and ignorance.

By the way, what a pleasure to see that you nailed those Spanish lines, Dr. Dawkins.

• 20
    E1skeptic says:

In reply to #18 by Quetzalcoatlus:

Can I transfer my account from the english site to the spanish site? Or I need to register again?

Yes, you can transfer it. ¡Saludos!

• 21
    RationalConclusion says:

This is great news. The site will now recieve far more exposure and hopefully it and the overall atheist/secular/anti theist movement will gain more supporters.

I wonder if there’ll ever be an RDFRS arabic language site. That’ll be interesting.

• 23
    Carlos Emilio says:

That´s very good news! An absolutely neccesary site in Spain. Even more in Latin America. Congratulations!
    I´m fluent in English, I´m Peruvian living between Barcelona and Berlín. I´d like to volunteer. What do I have to do?

Esta es una excelente noticia! Un sitio necesario en España, más aún en Latinoamérica. Felicitaciones!

• 25
    CdSFreethinkers says:

Felicitaciones desde la Costa del Sol libre pensadores sobre el lanzamiento de su sitio web en español. (Pagina de Facebook “Costa del Sol Freethinkers”)

• 26
    richard.marcglez says:

Here to help , I do speak Spanish and English , anything you guys need in Latin America let me know, let´s fight this nonsense religious dogma , I´m ready to rock , let´s do it.

• 28
    miguel alvarez says:

Hace poco estuve en Oxford y te pregunte si vendrias por España. Me dijistes que no estaba en vuestros planes aunque Dan q ue te acompañaba dijo que el si vendria al Pais Vasco. Ojala y tengas ocasion de venir por aqui. Estupendo que hayas decidido abrir tu comunicacion en español. GRACIAS Richard.

Leo tus libros en ingles con esfuercito a base de repetir y buscar, pero no dejara de fascinarme tu claridad mental y tambien que, ideas que yo siempre tuve, Tu las expresas con una calidad envidiable. CUIDATE Richard.

• 29
    eduardo blasina says:

Congratulations to Richard and the team. As Eduardo Sibils said Uruguayans are proud of being the most atheist country in Latin America, and ready to help!

• 30
    jotaemesg says:

Very well spoken Mr Dawkins, and thanks for the effort to spread rational thought. Sound thought has a long tradition among many Spanish speaking people. I am sure this initiative will be welcome.