Announcing the RDF YouTube for Nonprofits Channel – with Spanish subtitles

Jun 12, 2013

RDF has been accepted into the Google for Nonprofits program. The program offers a variety of tools to help with promotion and fundraising for our cause. For example, our YouTube channel will have cool new features like

• Connect with supporters, volunteers, and donors who can watch and share your videos on YouTube.
  • Drive viewers to action by placing a Call-to-Action overlay directly on your videos
  • Customize the look & feel of your channel with your organization’s logo and branding
  • Drive fundraising through a Google Checkout "Donate" button.

Visit our YouTube channel and check out the many cool videos we have there: http://www.youtube.com/user/richarddawkinsdotnet

Here is a short video that Richard did for We Are Atheism

To view the captions click on the "cc" at the bottom right of the YouTube when it comes up and you can select either English or Spanish subtitles.

Written By: RDFRS
continue to source article at youtube.com

17 comments on “Announcing the RDF YouTube for Nonprofits Channel – with Spanish subtitles

• 2
    AlGarnier says:

In reply to #1 by Bruiser40:

Good video. Shame that the audio will sound like strident white-noise to some theists.

Off course it does! It’s the sound of the Big Bang.

• Slightly off topic:

Dear RDFRS, when will we be seeing more of those vignette videos that you did some time ago and promised to do more of?

They don’t all have to be shot in some remote island. Even some urban-based videos explaining some aspect of social behavior or extended phenotype would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• I’ve met far more odd Christians than I’ve met odd atheists! Growing up as an atheist in a totally atheist family, Christians were the odd ones!

“Odd” atheists tend to be eccentric rather than “odd” as in reason and logic challenged, as religious believers are.

• 5
    bluebird says:

In reply to #3 by RDfan:

vignette videos…promised to do more of?

Also, the book club some are wanting and waiting for. The vignettes were fun.

We are Devo :p

• 6
    maria melo says:

Nice to remind that restaurant waiters are also responsible people who care for what´s going on in the world we are living in, and that “atheists” don´t need to have any special duty on their shoulders, they just need to be what they are.
    Watching the serie “The Meaning of Life”, I just can imagine how a smile must have come to my face with the street sweeper man, as when I feel very stressed at my work I just keep saying “How I wish I could be a street sweeper, that would just be a much more fulfilling job for me…” (I always say this).

• 7
    maria melo says:

I wish I could hear more from what Richard Dawkins´s mother told him when he was nine.

Jane Goodall mentions in one of her books about someone that used to tell -her mother perhaps-that all peoples believe in God (just a different one, not quite right I presume).
    The way in which Richard Dawkins is capable of coping with it, accepting that different peoples have different religions seems enough mature indeed.

(I had a Professor that was a historian in fact that used to tell students: the maturity in which students cope with issues will be considered too)

• 8
    Michael Austin says:

In reply to #7 by maria melo:

The way in which Richard Dawkins i…

Maybe you’ll find out in the new autobiography. 🙂

• 9
    quarecuss says:

In reply to #7 by maria melo:

When I was about 15 and arguing about religion with my mother (on our way to mass!) she said something surprisingly out of character that has stuck with me and come to mean much more than it did way back then …
    “Religion is for the weak.”

• How does She know? Even if she’s a Nurse in a Hospice, and frequently at the bedside of people who are dying, that does not give her any special insight. Is she a Mind Reader? Azon Books

• 11
    pederosa says:

I have watched your video, appears a lot of questions in my mind. What primary reason why you decided as atheism. Do not you believe in the almighty wills? which controls over our will? Okay, if you think an atheist, I was wondering what you believe after a man died? Who created us, the universe and everything in it if there is no god? whether all coincidence? if by chance, why do so regularly? Why do we sometimes expect a miracle will come when we have difficulties? Wonders who it came from?
    ROKU XD Fan

• In reply to #9 by quarecuss:

“Religion is for the weak”

I think that’s a significant observation. But there are many different kinds of weakness, and different ways to be strong.

• 15
    InPeaceWithGod says:

Are atheists like the vagrant who turned 8 years on to the shop where he once had installed a program, when he was an able and fit person, and the shop owner welcomed him back and told him, “God has not created a creature, so nice, so good natured and humble as you”. And the vagrant said to him, “I believe in God”.