Horse evolution visualized

Dec 2, 2013

Discussion by: JonPerry

horse-evolution-with-highlighted-bones

This animated gif shows the evolution of the horse. The images I used to create this come from wikipedia: Horse fossils. I'd love to make more of these if anyone knows of more examples of evolution in the fossil record which have been so wonderfully photographed.

Let me know if you have any such images. I think these can be good teaching tools.

Thanks
Jon

11 comments on “Horse evolution visualized

• 1
    Cairsley says:

Thank you, Jon! This is an excellent graphic representation of evolution over millions of years. It could have started even earlier with Eohippus that lived in the Early Eocene some 47 to 56 million years ago – I guess I just want more.

Ms Wendy Wright may find this of interest.

• 2
    CdnMacAtheist says:

In reply to #1 by Cairsley:

Ms Wendy Wright may find this of interest.

Hi Cairsley. Ms Wendy Wright knows – via her mind-herders explanations of god’s revealed truth – that this ‘evidence’ is not of any interest to her…. Mac.

• 3
    Cairsley says:

In reply to #2 by CdnMacAtheist:

In reply to #1 by Cairsley:

Ms Wendy Wright may find this of interest.

Hi Mac. You mean Ms Wendy Wright’s pleas for evidence in that stand-up interview with Prof. Dawkins were insincere?! I am shocked!

• 7
    CdnMacAtheist says:

In reply to #3 by Cairsley:

In reply to #2 by CdnMacAtheist:

Hi Cairsley. I don’t doubt that Wendy’s pleas were sincere in her heavily abused brain, especially when her fixated conclusions were being directly questioned by Satan, cleverly disguised as an erudite British professor…. 😎 Mac.

• 8
    SurLaffaLot says:

It would be good if one could be done on the evolution of giraffes, showing the changes in the neck, and its effect on the current laryngeal nerve. I don’t know if there is a good pictorial sequence of fossils to show giraffe evolution. Maybe someone could compile their own?

• 9
    Alan4discussion says:

In reply to #8 by SurLaffaLot:

For those who have not seen it before:- Here is one showing a whale’s evolving loss of legs:-

• 10
    justinesaracen says:

Nice presentation. I would only suggest that you slow down the change speed so that one can study each frame before it skips to the next one.