The Unbelievers Tour- April 2014

Mar 24, 2014

They are touring the country with exclusive screenings of their movie The Unbelievers that follows them across the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world – encouraging others to cast off antiquated religious and politically motivated approaches toward important current issues.

The film includes interviews with celebrities and other influential people who support the work of these controversial speakers, including: Ricky Gervais, Woody Allen, Cameron Diaz, Stephen Hawking, Sarah Silverman, Bill Pullman, Werner Herzog, Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert, Eddie Izzard, Ian McEwan, Adam Savage, Ayaan Hirsi-Ali and Penn Jillette.

College audiences will be treated to an exclusive screening of the film, followed by a Q&A with Richard, Lawrence and the filmmakers.

70 comments on “The Unbelievers Tour- April 2014

• 1
    Jabberwocky says:

Anyone know when we might be seeing this available on iTunes / worldwide – seems to be taking an awfully l-o-n-g time…?

• 3
    Jabberwocky says:

In reply to #2 by LaurieB:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

More locations would be good but can’t help but think it’s reaching perhaps hundreds of / few thousand people at a time (and you could probably argue for most of those it’s ‘preaching to the converted’) whereas getting it on iTunes / out on DVD / worldwide distribution would open it up to a much larger (and new) audience?

• 4
    LaurieB says:

In reply to #3 by Jabberwocky:

More locations would be good but can’t help but think it’s reaching perhaps hundreds of people at a time (and you could probably argue for most of those it’s ‘preaching to the converted’) whereas getting it on iTunes…

Why can’t we have both! I want it on the internet for free public access around the world eventually. It’s very important.

I also acknowledge that it must have cost some dough to make the film. There must be bespectacled accountants somewhere holed up in their dusty stagnant air offices sweating copiously while tallying up mile long lists of numbers in red and black ink and firing off panic infused messages regarding the status of the red ink columns. Like this:

If showing the film to live audiences and collecting ticket money will sooth the jangled nerves of those accountants then let’s book more tour dates!

I will concede that I want the movie brought to Boston so that I can have a self serving “preaching to the choir” night out with fellow atheists. So sue me 😛

• 5
    InYourFaceNewYorker says:

In reply to #2 by LaurieB:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

Yes, come to Boston, as I live there now!

• what about Australia? we need you guys, there is a big push for more religion in schools here, and we have muslims trying to get there product along side all our Christian shit, the unbelievers need to go global real quick!

• 8
    bookjunky says:

Please come to Northern California (Sacramento) and/or Oregon (Portland, Eugene, Medford, Salem). I agree, more locations would help promotion of the film and the message.

• 10
    Neurobio20 says:

In reply to #2 by LaurieB:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

Yes, and from there be courageous and head down to the south, where you are needed. Georgia hopefully?

• 12
    QuestioningKat says:

Does anyone know how long the film runs? Also how long is the Q&A afterwards? I’m trying to figure out whether it would be worth the 2.5 hour drive. …on a week night.

• 13
    LaurieB says:

In reply to #5 by InYourFaceNewYorker:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

Yes, come to Boston, as I live there now!

Even if we don’t get a movie night here in Boston, we might get a Sunday Assembly. Check Boston Atheists website or Meet ups Sunday Assembly site. They are organizing it now. I’m not sure how I feel about Sunday Assembly but I’m curious enough to give it a try. I really do hope we get a night out for the Unbelievers film but like I said above, I want both!

• 16
    Azcolor says:

Does 3 dates really add up to a tour? I was super excited until I saw only 3 dates now I’m just left feeling disappointed. Maybe the headline should read 3 city tour or mini tour or even 3collage campuses. Please consider adding more dates or distributing this in such a way to rectify the the disappointment your headline has caused. How can I go on with my day now?

• 18
    pinecone25 says:

Ummmm really guys 3 campuses is a “tour”? But if you actually read any of these comments, Richard you have to come to your old stomping grounds, UC Berekeley! My daughter is there now and would be great to see this with her. Just sayin’

• Please come to Wichita, Kansas. In May there’s an opening at the Orpheum Theatre between the Mormon-pull-a-Religion-out-of-a-Hat Convention and the Help-Keep-Blacks-Below-Minimum-Wage show.

• 21
    LaurieB says:

In reply to #20 by hgldr:

Ok, now I really do feel bad about requesting they come to Boston. Kansas needs this more than Boston does. I concede. :’-(

• 23
    DrWhostheboss says:

Does anyone know if they are doing any signings at these events? I have my tickets and I am going no matter what but I was just curious

• 24
    ryckpen says:

Can’t believe my luck. I am going to be in Vegas at the time this is being screened at UNLV. Just bought my tickets can’t wait.

• 25
    Jean-Daniel Nicol says:

With the proportion that the Quebec charter of values is taking, any Quebec dates would be welcome, but more urgently in Quebec City and/or Montreal…

• 26
    truth & beauty says:

It would be great to see the DVD, obviously seems to be some issues with distribution. However
    in regards to the help us Professor Dawkins come here go there…well he can’t be everywhere.

It’s got to start at the grassroots. Talk to your kids… ask what is taught in religious education classes, especially in
    state schools (I live in Queensland Australia and was appalled at the rubbish coming from the RE teacher. The RE teacher
    had no formal qualifications and strayed from the text he was meant to be teaching from, which happens a lot in these classes. If
    the content at your school is medieval dark ages garbage then email the principal and then email your parliamentarians and then
    talk to other people about it. It’s amazing what word of mouth does. I got an outcome at my school by just getting
    of my arse and being vocal.

• 27
    truth & beauty says:

of my arse and being vocal.

• 28
    truth & beauty says:

of my arse and being vocal.

• 29
    truth & beauty says:

of my arse and being vocal.

• 30
    truth & beauty says:

of my arse and being vocal.

• 31
    Cat Nap says:

In reply to #7 by zula:

I Agree! Australia is is being taken over by Islam and we need resistance, awareness and discussion. I must say Christian is not as lethal as Islam. Australians are generally open to intelligent discussion and need a kick up the ******!!@@

• 34
    truthcounts says:

Please come to Burlington VT We also draw from Montreal. UVM had Ben Stein speak a few years ago…we need balance… There would be a lot off excitement here if u could come!!!!

• 37
    Jabberwocky says:

In reply to #32 by John Rhino:

Are you neglecting your home country entirely, Richard?

Would be great to see in the UK – but perhaps there is more of a ‘problem’ in the US so efforts (currently) best spent there? For now I’d be happy to be able to buy it on iTunes 😉

• 40
    CdnMacAtheist says:

In reply to #17 by bluebird:

Premier was Toronto 2013

Hey Bluebird, by the next day when I heard about this Premier, it was sold out…. 8-(

• 41
    NewAtheistNation says:

I understand the excitement to see Richard. I drove to Denver to see him last year. I suspect his busy schedule prevents him and all the other needed people from doing a rock band-style tour. And these can’t be very profitable for the foundation. Organizing a string of big events must be a logistical nightmare. I do look forward to buying a DVD.

• 43
    beamerford says:

My greatest wish is to be in Las Vegas for your film. I love your inspiring work and am working on project that will promote this knowledge. Book and company. 3 Bright Angels. Time, Space and Energy. You guys are referenced a lot. Thankyou for tireless energy to learn and share.

• 44
    bongo264 says:

Please add Houston TX. We have the largest church in the state here. The church took over our old basketball and concert venue. Obviously we need you guys.

• 45
    Ryan1306 says:

I miss The Summit. It used to be Hakeem Olajuwon’s house, now it’s Joel Osteen’s. Big downgrade.

In reply to #40 by bongo264:

• 48
    beck.matt@gmail.com says:

Guys, i’m starting to worry the reason the film is not being widely distributed is simply that it is not very good. If you’re genuinely interested in getting it out to the widest possible audience just post the video here and on youtube.

• 51
    Adrian Janssens says:

I agree. Wouldn’t think that making it available would affect ticket sales to the live event. If I were anywhere nearby to an event, I would attend just to be able to see Mr. Dawkins and Mr. Krauss in person

.In reply to #1 by Jabberwocky:

• 53
    ike_lcpl says:

In reply to #20 by hgldr:

only a hateful person would say things like that are you hateful?

• 57
    N2Reason says:

Mr. Dawkins and Mr. Krauss, surely you must realize that you can not go to Ohio State’s campus and not also provide a viewing at the University of Michigan! I look forward to seeing you both, in Ann Arbor, on the 8th. Ta Ta For Now 🙂

• 60
    LaurieB says:

In reply to #5 by InYourFaceNewYorker:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

Yes, come to Boston, as I live there now!

Even if we can’t get this film to come to Boston, at least we’re getting a Sunday Assembly on April 19 at 3pm. Location: Boston University. Google it 🙂

• 63
    skeducator says:

Oh yes, please come to [insert city you live in]. For a presumably scientifically literate crowd, I’d think we’d be sympathetic here to the challenges introduced by attempting to visit every major U.S. city along with half of those in Canada and maybe Guam 😉 Love the work!

• 64
    InYourFaceNewYorker says:

In reply to #2 by LaurieB:

Will there be more locations added? Boston hopefully?

Yes, Richard had better becoming to Boston!!!

• 66
    rsforcht says:

My opinion, we need to stop fighting the religious, instead we should focus on educating. Start them young with cartoons. Show them how a bone, or a few bones, can show that an animal was/is bipedal. Explain why you don’t need the entire skeleton to prove that point.

Put out some science only youtube videos. Don’t mention religion, they will get the point. We have so many “Rock Stars” of science now and with enough celebrity backing, that each could make a few shows or cartoons a year and get kids into science!

Attacking religion will only serve their fear. They have been trained since birth that someone would try to take their religion away from them. They will react based on that training and no amount of reasoning will sway them.

• 67
    ThruTraffic says:

In reply to #1 by Jabberwocky:

Milking that puppy for all it’s worth.

• 68
    unholywarlord says:

Just saw this on danish tv.
    I had to turn it off.
    The background music is just too intrusive and irritating. Like an unwanted neighbour’s radio.
    Maybe an attempt to be trendy but I think the content is worth hearing and doesnt need the added distraction.
    Disappointing.