Oct 17, 2014

By BHA

The British Humanist Association (BHA) has today launched a fundraising drive in order to be able to continue to employ its Campaigns Officer on Faith Schools and Education in 2015. The BHA’s Campaigner, Richy Thompson, is the only dedicated individual working against ‘faith’ schools in the UK, and the BHA is asking the public for support in covering his salary for next year.

The fundraising drive has been launched by an impassioned plea from a former member of staff at Park View School in Birmingham, the school at the centre of the so-called ‘Trojan Horse’ scandal, one of three whom Richy helped raise concerns about the school with the Department for Education and Ofsted – promptingboth groups to investigate the school, over a month before the ‘Trojan Horse’ letter appeared in the press.

The member of staff explains some of the things she witnessed during their time there, before explaining that ‘After I left the school I knew I had to do something but was unsure where to start. A friend suggested I contact the BHA. After speaking to Richy, he passed on our concerns to the right officials…

‘By April it was apparent that the individuals running the school that I knew were complicit in many of the problems we had outlined were intent on denying any wrongdoing. So I asked Richy if it would be possible to speak out publicly about my concerns, and he facilitated me and my fellow whistleblowers in doing so. He worked carefully with us to put as many of our concerns as possible in the public domain while protecting our anonymity, and after publication he arranged for us to appear on NewsnightDispatchesacross BBC radio,ITV NewsChannel 5 NewsGood Morning Britain and be interviewed by the Sunday Times and Sunday Telegraph. This helped change the media narrative around the debate, providing voices from the inside who were challenging what was being said by those in charge at the school. Later he helped us give evidence to the various inquiries into what was going on, and enabled us to submit evidence to the Home Affairs Select Committee.

Read the full article and see how you can help by clicking the name of the source located below.

20 comments on “‘Trojan Horse’ whistleblower: The BHA’s faith schools campaigner helped me tremendously – and now I’m asking you to help him

• I’ve just received this article in the BHA newsletter; which incidentally also carries an article entitled: “NUS rejects motion on Iraqi Kurdish solidarity (against Islamic State) citing ‘Islamophobia'”.

Also, arrests of individuals alleged to have been involved in Islamic State inspired terrorist activities are going ahead apace in the UK.

And in parallel, the media in the UK are now constantly using the term “so called Islamic State”.

Wakey-wakey World! The Caliphate has already got its socks on, and has been up and about for a long time.

• Stafford Gordon Oct 17, 2014 at 9:08 am

I’ve just received this article in the BHA newsletter; which incidentally also carries an article entitled: “NUS rejects motion on Iraqi Kurdish solidarity (against Islamic State) citing ‘Islamophobia’”.

The NUS has been electing officials and committees from the “politically correct” loony left for for years! – They know all of the “answers”, but usually know none of the relevant questions!

• While the RCC says the solution to this problem is MORE faith-schools, meanwhile – back in Bradford!

Trojan Horse schools ‘not improved’, Ofsted warns

There are still significant problems at the five Birmingham schools placed into special measures following concerns about a hard-line Islamist takeover.

England’s schools watchdog Ofsted says the action plans are still “not fit for purpose” in some of the five.

• One of Michael Gove’s bequests to disharmony.

Political appeasement and disingenuity typically tries to characterise these people as ‘radical’ or ‘extremist’ hoping it will maintain tolerance and ‘respect’ for Islam in general. Unfortunately the assumption is erroneous. They are merely those who take their religion seriously.

This medieval mindset shows up in polls of opinion taken from UK Muslims as having broad support. To deny what is asserted by the jihadists ordinary Muslims would risk being denounced as blasphemers or apostates, since it’s all there in the Koran and Hadith. They are all obliged to believe it (or act as if they did) and of those who actually do there will always be young men looking for a fight, or uneducated elders aiming to subvert what most threatens them.

Current Government policy is pious hope founded on its own flawed ideology.

• I know Alan, I was among the loons in the eighties, when they celebrated the return from Paris of the Ayatollah Khomeini, and the freedom he would render unto his flock.

Now, the twerps are obliging women to sit at the back at meetings out of respect for Islam.

It’s as Christopher Hitchens said, “they know their main spring’s broken”, but they hang on in there hoping against hope for…Christ only knows what!

I lost patience with it all, and decided to try and learn something; I ain’t doing too good at it though; kind a’ quarter ass efforts, but I can smell something wholesome ahead of me, so I’m gonna stick at it; kinda like it round here anyways!

• I just heard on the news that the Vatican is opening it’s doors for the first time to host a concert to raise money for the poor and homeless.

Wonderful; just wonderful!

Now, they’ll have the resources to make even more people poor and homeless by inducing them to procreate hand over fist when they don’t have a pot to piss in!

• I think it’s more the language of ALL Muslims. As my question above. There are over half a million Turks and Kurds in the UK that might take offence.

• Some of the apparent teachings at this school contravene the law of the land and are not simply doing things differently as in seating arrangements. I would have thought that the school should amend its teaching or risk being closed down.

• I wonder and worry if the world has reached the end of faith, and this type of stuff is the last gasps, or whether faith will out, and rule again. Seems like we’re on the knife end and could fall either way.

• An interesting thought; a guttering candle. I can wish for, but have little hope of such a positive outcome.

This human construct religion has taken on the characteristics of a virus; but it doesn’t just mutate, it undergoes speciation, with impunity.

But unlike in the natural world, that process doesn’t render any advantages.

It’s not just Trojanesque it’s also Frankensteinian, and look what happened to that inventor!

I need a cuppa!

• Nitya Oct 17, 2014 at 6:25 pm

It is worth pointing out to those outside the UK, that not only are they breaking national laws and regulations, but that these are state-schools NOT “faith-schools”!

• Just consider how much the opposition are donating to force religion on children. They have been conned into thinking it will please the creator of the universe and get them a cozy spot in the afterlife. So they are donating an irrationally large amount.

• Aye , There is no difference between Hitler’s ranting’s and that of the Prophet Mohammed’s – unfortunately – try pointing that out to anybody and you would immediately be accused of “Islamophobia”…..Strange that neo-Nazi’s are universally reviled by every right-minded person… and yet those good old Muslims are not castigated for also following the teachings of a mass murderer……