The ReThink Prize is a competition to publicly crowdsource a modern alternative to the Ten Commandments, with prizes totaling $10,000. Prominent thought leaders on the diverse judging panel will include a popular TV personality, a National Medal of Science Winner, a Harvard University Chaplain, and the Executive Director of The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason & Science. The goal is for the competition to spark a national dialogue around a question as simple and personal as: “What do you believe?”
Anyone can vote or submit their beliefs through the website www.TheReThinkPrize.com. The contest will run through November 30th. A panel of 12 judges will review the submissions and choose the ten beliefs they feel best address our lives today. The panel includes:
- Adam Savage from the Discovery Channel’s “Mythbusters”
- National Medal of Science recipient, Gordon Bower
- Harvard University’s Humanist Chaplain, Greg Epstein
- Executive Director of the Richard Dawkins Foundation, Robyn Blumner, and
- Chief Executive of the British Humanist Association, Andrew Copson
The competition is being run in association with the American Humanist Association, the Secular Student Alliance, the Richard Dawkins Foundation, and the Global Secular Humanist Movement, among other organizations.
The results of the Prize will be announced on December 17th.
For more information visit http://www.atheistmindhumanistheart.com/
Contest rules can be found at http://www.atheistmindhumanistheart.com/competition-rules/