The Texas Secular Convention is coming up Feb. 27-March 1 and it looks freaking excellent.
There will be some kick ass speakers like Ron Lindsay (CFI), Annie Laurie Gaylor (FFRF), David Smalley (Dogma Debate & Atheist Audiobooks), Amanda Knief (American Atheists), Matt Dillahunty (Host, The Atheist Experience), Barry Lynn (Americans United), and Daniel Moran who occasionally contributes to this blog – he’ll be speaking on the steps of the Capitol! Several Texas legislators and candidates for office will also be appearing, which is a huge get for them!
- Training on how to lobby effectively
- A lobbying event where participants can visit their legislators
- A rally at the Texas Capitol Building
- Panels, including “What policy areas can Texas secular voters realistically impact in the near future?”
- Mini Camp Quest for the kids
You can register here. Early bird admission is $110 and students can get in for $50.