Mother dies from cancer, leaves hilarious (and foul) letter to her family

Jan 15, 2016

Photo credit: GoFundMe

by Tribune Media Wire

MCFARLAND, Wisc. — A 36-year-old mom who passed away earlier this week from cancer left a hilarious and emotional letter to her family — and her husband is sharing her last words with the world.

Heather McManamy’s letter to her family is smart, funny, and littered with a few curse words.

Her husband shared the letter on Facebook, where it has been shared over 5,000 times.

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

14 comments on “Mother dies from cancer, leaves hilarious (and foul) letter to her family

• Whatever religion brings you comfort, I am happy that you have that. However, respect that we are not religious. Please, please, please do not tell Brianna that I am in heaven.

A truth some religious nut bag will not honor unfortunately.

I hope I can die as well as this woman did.

• “A truth some religious nut bag will not honor unfortunately.”

How do you know this?

I make this point only to illustrate that your comment is an example of bigotry.

The real importance of this story, IMHO, is that it is indeed a gripping summation of the nature of the reality humanity inhabits. I agree with Neodarwinian‘s last sentence and hope I do as well in dealing with it.

This story is one of the most moving I’ve ever seen and IMHO, the link leads to the most memorable and important article I’ve become aquainted with through RDF. The lady summed up the nature of reality to perfection and her interpretation of it and how she applied what she knew of reality to her own circumstances is an inspiration indeed!

I profoundly thank her.

• Would you feel better if +Neodarwin had added a “probably” ? It is extremely likely that someone, however well intentioned, will offer some form of “she’s in heaven now” as if it offers either comfort or sympathy.

• A good reminder for us to whom it may concern, write everything down and have it notarized, if possible.

Discussions and comments past touched on death and burial. E.g., eco-pod and a humanist poem.

• How do you know this?

Because I am a human being and can think probabilistically about this subject. Instead of calling people bigots, as I am not the one obstinately holding to my own opinions and prejudices, you can stop looking through rose colored or a glass darkly and try looking through the clear lens of reality.

• While such a statement may turn out to be true, it’s not true in the abstract, until the event described actually happens and has been documented.

This…. Leading to this conclusion…

While it may be technically correct and help you pass Philosophy 101, I know what Neodarwinian was stating, for the purposes of this type of discussion in this type of forum it was perfectly fine. To nail him to a cross with this level of pedantry and accuse him of “Bigotry” is a bit over the top. You may have impressed yourself, but you didn’t impress me.

• Look at the original FB post and see the amount of people who disrespect her wishes with “thoughts and prayers” or “I’ll pray for you” comments. That must be annoying to the husband.
    Also, the letter is hardly “foul”

• “…for the purposes of this type of discussion in this type of forum it was perfectly fine.”

We disagree. But about one thing you’re right, this forum is at RDF, an advocacy group.

(from Ricky Nelson’s Garden Party🙂 “But it’s all right now, I learned my lesson well You see, ya can’t please everyone, so ya got to please yourself”