I watched Alex Jones give his viewers health advice. Here’s what I learned.

Apr 11, 2017

By Julia Belluz

The YouTube video shows girls convulsing in hospital beds, on the floors of their schools, losing control of their bodies, unable to walk or talk.

The young women have allegedly just been given shots of the HPV vaccine to prevent cervical cancer. Instead of a lifesaving treatment, they’re left crippled, “chemically lobotomized.”

A voice over the disturbing footage screams: “I am not a slave. You cannot force me to inject my kid with this poison. This is sick!”

That voice belongs to Owen Shroyer, a reporter for Infowars, the right-wing, conspiracy theory–laden “news” site. He’s anchoring a classic Infowars health segment, featuring a passionate rant against mainstream medicine. In this case, the subject is a favorite on Infowars: “vaccines and the damages they do to our youth.”

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

7 comments on “I watched Alex Jones give his viewers health advice. Here’s what I learned.

• Why do I need to click on a source below to continue reading an article? Could someone please help me out. I’m a member, I’m signed in, I don’t tweet, I hate Facebook so that’s not an option, I don’t use Google +, just regular Google Chrome, and I have no idea what Pinterest is and don’t care. I just want to read the article please.

• Hi Brixton

Ignore the social media logos – they’re just there for if you want to share the article via FB, Twitter, etc. But you don’t need to do that in order to read the full article.

To access the full article, whichever thread you’re on, just click on the name of the source in the grey box next to the orange box with the word “Source”. In this case, that’s a grey box with the word “Vox” in it.

The mods

• Trump may disparage institutions like the New York Times and the
    Washington Post on Twitter and Fox News, but he shares Infowars
    articles and videos.

I can’t even. I just can’t.

• Trump may disparage institutions like the New York Times and the
    Washington Post on Twitter and Fox News, but he shares Infowars
    articles and videos

Well the New York Times and Washington Post obviously don’t meet his required percentage content of “alternative facts”! 🙂

It seems Infowhores meets this requirement almost 100%, so it joins Dimbart and Faux in his library of approved sources! ! 🙂

• 6
    fadeordraw says:

This is about “shots of the HPV vaccine to prevent cervical cancer”. No hysteria needs be involved in the assessment. If kids collapse from the shot it needs to be reported, verified and fixed. In the meantime, USA comedians have the right to make money pandering hysteria and a non-scientific approach to medical population governance.

• Brixton44

It might not be yourself who needs help. Facetwits and Googlies, Whamapps, Instantgrammers etc. may be the ones in real difficulty. As soon as one format become generally accepted then everyone moves on to the next, more fashionable Kardashian option. Eventually the technology becomes irrelevant, only the Kardashian remains consistent. You may be one of the remaining few still semi-sane non-victims.

Apparently Chrome users are significantly more intelligent than Internet Explorer users. And Firefox users considerably ahead of Chrome users. Presumably Firefox is still partially immune to Kardashian, but this may only be temporary.

BTW. You don’t need to read anything from conspiracy theorists to get an idea about what’s good or bad about mainstream medicine (whatever that thing actually is). Just ask any practicing physician. Vaccines are a different issue, given that preventative medicine is technically counter-productive to industry interests, but in general most of the pharmaceutical products offered by physicians are actually not the preferred option. Last time I checked with my local physician the most common issue driving people to seek a physicians appoint was that the customer feels tired all the time. (Irrespective of any other actual medical issue.) The real problem is that customers prefer pretty anything other than the obvious solution: quality nutrition, good sleep, regular exercise, etc. Classic example being things like high blood pressure or unsatisfactory lipid profiles. Easily fixed by minor lifestyle modifications. But the fact that diseased people present in physicians clinics is prima facie evidence that commonsense folk remedies involving normal nutrition, physical stress, and sleep patterns are either not available or not acceptable to generations of folks accustomed to fast and processed foods, late night TV, and extreme levels of discomfort aversion.