Republican Congressman Says God Will ‘Take Care Of’ Climate Change

Jun 2, 2017

By Mahita Gajanan

Michigan Rep. Tim Walberg said during a town hall in Coldwater, Mich., on Friday that while he believes climate change is real, it is not something for humans to solve.

“I believe there’s climate change. I believe there’s been climate change since the beginning of time,” Walberg said. “Do I think man has some impact? Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No.”

He continued: “Why do I believe that? Well, as a Christian, I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

8 comments on “Republican Congressman Says God Will ‘Take Care Of’ Climate Change

• Sheesh! I have heard this argument before of course. In NL some decades ago a fisherman was asked on national television what his thoughts were on the fishing quota that were being established in order to prevent the herring population from crashing and protecting the fishing industry. He said he thought the quota were ridiculous because God had put those fish in the sea so he could get them out and that was all he needed to know. BTW, he was the owner of a fleet of highly advanced floating fish factories.

• @OP – I believe that there is a creator in God who is much bigger than us. And I’m confident that, if there’s a real problem, he can take care of it.”

Yep! No need to take the trouble to indulge in that tedious thinking and taking responsibility for our own actions, business!
    God-does-it-for-us, so we can pose as being important, while our tiny minds don’t need to bother! 🙂

• Was just making this exact observation on the article about Trump pulling out of the paris agreement. Well this really is proof of the ‘predictability of stupidity’. If Trump and his republican idiots think everyone has stopped laughing at the circus clowns then it’s only because it might be they cause real damage with their horsing around in economics and international diplomacy.
    I would tell Trump “he who laughs last, didn’t get the joke”.
    I just hope the latest American ‘jokers’ don’t go on for too long.

• Tim Smith #3
    Jun 2, 2017 at 8:18 pm

I would tell Trump “he who laughs last, didn’t get the joke”.
    I just hope the latest American ‘jokers’ don’t go on for too long.

I think the comedians and impersonators, can get quite a lot out mileage out of Trump, the Republicans, and the Brexiteers, for a while yet!

• Well, lads, I think you’re all wrong. Thank God that God is around to fix the problem, ’cause sure as hell the Republicans ain’t going to do anything about it! I crave the readers’ pardon for all the theistic and occultist references, but they somehow seemed appropriate.

• eejit #5
    Jun 3, 2017 at 6:42 am

Fortunately, it looks like some Americans are going to take the matter out of Republicans’, gods’, and Trump’s hands!

“Americans don’t need Washington to meet our Paris commitments, and Americans are not going to let Washington stand in the way of fulfilling it,” Mr Bloomberg said

• @OP – A Republican congressman told his constituents that he believes God will “take care of” climate change if it proves to be a “real problem.”

It’s important that voters believe that! – Otherwise they are going to ask why useless Republican congressman are doing nothing to mitigate the problem! 🙂

Of course this simply means he has been too feckless, incompetent, and lazy, to look into available behavioural and technical solutions!

Yeah! He has to pay some lip service to the science in an attempt to look less of an ignorant idiot than he really is, but this a stupid dismissal of a readily available consensus of expert information!

Yeah, of course. Can man change the entire universe? No.”

Yeah! Congressman Dumb-Dumb, is so ignorant of astronomy and planetary sciences, that he does not know the difference between a planet and a universe!

• @OP – Republican Congressman Says God Will ‘Take Care Of’ Climate Change

Republican Congressman’s “Omnipotent” God-delusion Will ‘Take Care Of’ his perceptions of Climate Change.