What is the TIES Online Learning Resource?
TIES provides busy educators, homeschooling parents, and curious science lovers in general with an easily accessible online version of our professional development events and other helpful resources.
TIES Workshop Walk-Through
EVOLUTION FOR EDUCATORS: A TIES WORKSHOP
By clicking the buttons below, you can watch students working through two hands-on activities on the topic of natural selection. Both activities can be downloaded below under the “Ready-to-Go Evolution Unit” tab.
TIES Workshop Map
Click the map to see past & scheduled TIES workshops.
Don’t see a workshop near you?
You Can Change Lives!
Are you an educator, scientist or homeschool parent?
Want to present a TIES Workshop or Webinar?
Have Resources? Share Them!
Great minds think alike but we’re not perfect.
Sharing resources is great way to get involved and make an impact on the lives of middle school students around the globe.
Online Resources for Teachers
Guided Reading of Evolution 101 (DOC)
Online Educational Videos on Evolution and Science
Understanding Evolution, University of California, Berkeley
NSTA Featured Lessons: Teaching Heredity and Evolution in the Next Generation
NSTA Learning Center
NGSS Life Science: Evolution and Natural Selection Lesson Plans
Stated Clearly [Videos] (The basics of Genetics and Evolution)
For Spanish Speakers
NGSS Middle School Standards Related to Evolutionary Science
Addressing your Concerns as Science Teachers
No Evolution Standards at your grade level? Integrate them!
Join us for our monthly webinar series.
Registration instructions coming soon.
In-Person Workshop Schedule
Join us for a live, in-person workshop!
To register for a workshop, email Bertha Vazquez.
- February 10, 2018: Celebrating Darwin Day with the Museum of Science and Industry, Tampa, Fl, presented by Kenny Coogan
- February 10, 2018: Celebrating Darwin Day with NY Teachers at the The Paleontological Research Institution and its Museum of the Earth & Cayuga Nature Center, Ithaca, NY, presented by Dr. Don Duggan-Haas
- February 10, 2018: “2018: A Science Odyssey” at the Annual Science Conference in Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, presented by Heather Witt and Jennifer Panczyszyn
- February 16, 2018: The 47th Annual HASTI Conference, Science: Keeping it ReAL, Indianapolis, Indiana, presented by Dr. John Staver
- March 2, 2018: Michigan Science Teachers Association Annual Conference, Lancing, MI, presented by Rebecca Brewer
- March 5, 2018: National Science Teachers Association National Conference, Science on My Mind, Atlanta, GA, presented by Kathryn Green Atlanta
Our face-to-face professional development workshops & webinars for middle school science teachers are being offered across the United States by members of our TIES Teacher Corps. For more information about organizing a TIES workshop or webinar near you, please contact TIES director Bertha Vazquez.
Please check back regularly for our updated webinar offerings and soon-to-be added interactive learning modules.